21 November 2009

Yummy Winter Tea?

The harvest and production of Winter Taiwan oolong has begun.  It's not easy, though, to get a straight answer out of most producers on how each season's crop is doing. 

I called my Dong Ding teacher yesterday to chat about this season's harvest.  "It's good.  Yes, fine, fine.  Are you in town?  When are you coming back?"

Those are his favorite questions.  

I didn't sense a high-level of excitement from him about the harvest.  Whether in tea or in life in general, we can often learn just as much about people and situations by what they don't say, as well as what they do.

Then again, I did call him at 8 am when he usually wakes up later.  I'll cross my fingers and hope he was just groggy.  We'll see in a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. I'll be waiting to hear about it, too. I'll want to know how harvests all around the world are doing, and in particular from my favorite place--Yunnan.

    ReplyDelete