23 December 2008

A fine Winter brew

       Frozen palms  A frozen palm tree in Seattle

It's cold up here and we're getting lots of snow dumped on us; there hasn't been a winter storm like this for over 10 years.

Stuck at home, but glad I've got a lot of nice teas to drink.  I received some tea samples from a tea friend in California and they reminded me that something dark and malty would feel nice on a cold day, as I watch the snow fall and I get more anxious about how I'll get to work tomorrow.

                           puerh

Another tea friend left some factory floor puerh of unknown age to try.  I'm not a big drinker of puerh - it's nice once in a while - but I don't crave it like I do a good roasted oolong.  On a chilly day when you can feel the cold seep through the windows and into your bones, like today, it's a welcomed brew.  Creamy and rich, with the full-body and smoothness that only age can produce.  A depth of flavors that's not quite perfect like a famous, aged cake, but a variety of flavors that blend well together, like a smoothie blended with different earthy flavors of mushroom, dried herbs, bark and some citrus flavor notes too.

Winter continues to roll in.  With my cup and brew in hand, the cold world seems farther away.

Life is good.  Drink good tea and enrich your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment